Croton Academy of Arts Performing and Fine Arts After-School Enrichment Program @ Carrie E. Tompkins Elementary School
CAA is offering an after-school arts enrichment program at the Carrie E. Tompkins Elementary School (CET) and the Pierre Van Cortlandt Middle School (PVC) in the Croton-Harmon District. The focus is to provide high-quality performance and fine arts experiences for students in a fun and supportive environment at a convenient location. Holding classes in the district schools allows CAA to provide even more programs to meet the creative, skill-building and emotional needs of our community's young people. The instructors are practicing professionals who reflect CAA’s philosophy.
At CET students will be escorted, by their classroom teacher, immediately after school, to meet our instructor in the Red Room of the library. The CAA instructor will take attendance and walk with the children to class. Parents may provide their children with a small snack and drink that should be peanut free as per the Croton-Harmon district guidelines about maintaining an allergy-free environment. After class, the instructor will escort the children to the main lobby to meet their caregivers, deliver them to Childrenspace After School Program, or release them as walkers in accordance with parental instructions. In order to complete student registration you must fill out release and emergency contact forms which will be emailed to you after payment, and submit them to CAA prior to the first class.
- Creative Movement, Grades 2-4, with Brian Gunning
- Cartoon Drawing with Young Rembrandts, Grades K-2
- Musical Theater: Sing, Dance, Act, Grades 3-4, with Natalie Arneson
- Origami Fun & More, Grades 1-3, with Kasuko Omori
- Introduction to Paper Cutting, Grades 2-4, with Sine Hjort
- Musical Theater: Sing, Dance, Act, Grades K-2, with Natalie Arneson
- Talk-n-Drum,Grades K-2, with Nanette Garcia
- Cartooning, Grades 3-4, with Young Rembrandts