(Croton Academy of Arts & NYC Off Broadway Bedlam Theatre Company's Sense & Sensibility casts)
PERFORMING ARTS - ACTING
Creative Dramatics, Grades 4
- A program designed to introduce theatre to younger students. We teach through theatre games and unique workshops designed to inspire imagination and creativity. Students gain self-esteem and independence, while learning critical collaboration skills. Spring session culminates in a full length theatrical performance for the class.
Acting - Grades Grades 5 - 8, 9-12
- Enthusiasm, confidence and individual creativity are celebrated while learning the foundations of acting; voice and speech, movement, scene study technique.
- Levels: Acting I, Acting II and Acting III (level III by teacher recommendation)
- For students already participating in school productions, this program will enhance and polish their performing skills. For beginners, it can be a major confidence-builder, as well as a fun, supportive introduction to the world of theater.
Musical Theatre Class (Not currently offered)
- (Grades 4 and Grades 5-8), Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Students will learn ensemble numbers from both classic and contemporary musicals. We may do something from Oklahoma one day and something from Hamilton on the next!
- While the focus will be on group singing, all students will have opportunities for featured solos.
- The numbers will be fully staged and presented as a revue for family and friends.
Coaching, Acting, Auditions, Scene study and monologs by Jen Jiles - private coaching or small group by appointment.